Thursday, September 24, 2015

Morning Skincare Routine


When it comes to skincare, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.When I started working in skincare and beauty, I was overwhelmed with the amount of products I could try, but ended up overloading my skin and had a couple nasty allergic reactions. So now I start every morning with my firm favourite, the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser (£14/100ml). This beautifully creamy cleanser has been a staple the past few years, as it's gentle enough on my eczema prone skin, but dissolves away every last scrap of dirt and make up. Full of naturally active ingredients like eucalyptus and cocoa butter it keeps skin soft and supple, unlike a lot of cleansers which were far too harsh and drying on my skin.

With the colder weather coming in, I'm finding my skin a lot more problematic and blemish-prone, so I've been using the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum (£29.00/30ml) every morning for the past month to combat dehydration. Although it sinks into the skin quickly, it provides long lasting hydration with the use of organic grape water and hyaluronic acid. And as always, the company promise zero parabens, mineral oils or animal ingredients (winner!). I follow this up with the Khiels Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado (£20.00/14g), which is a fantastic product for younger skin that doesn’t need firming or anti-ageing. A little bit of this rich eye cream keeps my under eyes hydrated all day and makes concealer application an absolute dream.

Unlike my loyalty to my cleanser, I flirt with a lot of different moisturisers and sit on the fence with almost all of them: "yeah, they were okay, but they weren't amazing". I'm currently testing and loving this Liz Earle moisturiser, but I'm not ready to settle down just yet. It's of a more richer texture, which I like on my dry skin and absorbs really fast, so it doesn't feel like it's just sitting there. 

Lastly, I use my Clarasonic with the Delicate/Sensitive Brush once a week. My skin doesn’t react well with over-exfoliation, so I’m building up it’s tolerance slowly to the Clarasonic  and might increase it to twice a week soon.

What are you currently using on your face?


K

No comments:

Post a Comment