Thursday, February 4, 2016

Beauty Boosting: Blueberry, Walnut & Dark Chocolate Snack Pot For Happy Skin

Amongst the things that terrify me most in this world, I'd put hunger right there at the top. Followed shortly by the depth of the ocean, whether I'll ever really afford a Chanel bag, and I won't even start on actually growing up and becoming a real adult - no one wants to think about that. So there, I admit it, I'm a self-confessed snacker.

It's a genuine fear of mine that I may be stuck somewhere for hours on end, days even, forced to starve and waste away. I imagine I'd merely be a traumatised shadow of my former self by the time someone eventually came to rescue me, and that's if I even survive that long. That's why you'll never find me leave the house without a snack and a bottle of water stashed away in my bag. And that's why I'll simply never understand those girls who walk around with cute little bags, like where you packing all your snacks?!




One of my favourite snacks to carry on-the-go with me is this Blueberry, Walnut & Dark Chocolate snack pot, which is an absolute antioxidant powerhouse. And with only 3 simple ingredients, it couldn't be easier to chuck together and satisfy your sweet tooth.

Antioxidants are essential in our diet, helping to protect our skin from sun damage, premature ageing and skin cancer, as well as helping to combat any signs of inflammation on our skin like spots and redness. Dark chocolate also stimulates the production of endorphins, that feel-good chemical thats get released during exercise and contains the chemical serotonin which acts as a natural antidepressant. So not only will the snack keep your skin happy, but it will also help to keep you happy and calm. 

Now I recommend choosing the highest percentage of chocolate you can find, such as the Lindt 90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Bar, because eating a snickers bar isn't going to have quite the same effect. I also like that it's so creamy and rich that you don't need to eat too much of it to really get a chocolate fix. 



Ingredients

50g Blueberries
3/4 Walnut Halves (chopped)
1 Square Lindt Dark Chocolate (broken into bite size pieces)

Throw together into a pot and get happy snacking.

K


2 comments:

  1. I get really ill when I'm hungry with light headiness and stomach pains so being out without a snack is a nightmare for me!! This sounds super yummy, I'm definitely going to be whipping up some to pop in my bag :)

    Ruby xoxo
    www.rubyredr0ses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete