Thursday, February 11, 2016

January Favourites

January Favourites

If the rest of the year is to be as crazy as January, 2016 is going to be a hell of a ride. 

A very big, scary ride, yes, but I figure it's about damn time I learn to embrace the uncertainty of it.

I admit that I had become very pre-occupied in what wasn't going right, all that could go wrong and everything I couldn't control. It led me to retreat into my comfort zone where I could focus on everything I could control. And it's a very lovely place to be, very little goes wrong, but I'll never be able to achieve any of my goals sat in there. So as I say goodbye to January, I say hello to the rest of a very scary year - believing in my decisions and in whatever path I set foot on, whether it ends up right or wrong, letting go of the things that rest heavily of my shoulders and cannot be controlled, and most importantly, to enjoy the ride without fear or worry.

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” - Socrates.

But on to this months favourites,



Now if you ever needed a kick up the backside to ditch the processed foods, this foul-mouthed, plant-based-eating-is-cool-as-fuck cookbook will give it to you. THUG KITCHEN - eat like you give a fuck. You can also check out the blog here

I’ve always been a massive fan of the Real Techniques brushes, so no surprise these Bold Metal Brushes (Angled Powder brush, Tapered Brush and Oval Shadow Brush) have become a staple in my everyday routine since receiving them at Christmas, along with this ByTerry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow stick in ‘Bronze Moon’ which makes for a 5 minute eye look. 

I found my wonder product this month (and I don’t say that lightly). Twice a week I use this  Caudalie Instant Detox Mask to remove impurities and toxins, and I've been getting lots of compliments on how my skin has improved dramatically. 

Christmas morning I opened these beautiful Adidas Ultra Boosts and christened them that very morning with a little run. A barefoot style running shoes for a neutral ride, comparable and a firm competition for my usual favourite Nike Free Runs. 

How genius are these Caulirice pouches? I can never be bothered with the faff of grating down cauliflower, but these 100% cauliflower pouches are 100% cauliflower and microwavable. They're available in most supermarkets. And lastly, whilst we're talking about food, my ultimate favourite this month has been these iQ Superfood Chocolate Bars, so much so, I placed a last minute Planet Organic order just to include them. With only 197 calories per bar, with absolutely no added nasties, chemicals or refined sugars, they're guilt free and taste delicious. 

What were you loving in January?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment