Friday, June 24, 2016

Almond Butter Blueberry Cookies

Now I wanted to start this post tastefully. I'm currently "surfing the crimson wave". Some might say, "birthing a blood diamond". Or I'm attending "arts and craft week at Pantry Camp", if you get what I mean.

Yes, I totally googled: polite things to call your period. 

Too much information, I know. But the point was that this week I’ve been craving sweets, cakes and biscuits like crazy, and this is where these Almond Butter Blueberry Cookies come in.

Not only are they free-from dairy, eggs and gluten, but they are also free from refined sugars. I try and avoid processed sugars around this time of the month because my skin is usually already suffering with the unbalanced hormones and I don’t want to make it any worse. These cookies are sweetened naturally with maple syrup and vanilla extract, but still smell and taste delicious warm out of the oven to keep my cravings at bay.

 

Makes 20 Cookies

Ingredients
150g Oats
100g Buckwheat Flour
1 TSP Bicarbonate Of Soda
90ml Olive Oil
90g Tahini
250g Almond Butter
120ml Maple Syrup
75g Blueberries

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius/Gas Mark 4 and line and grease a large baking tray.

In a blender or food processor, blend the oats down into a fine powder and then stir together with the buckwheat flour and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.

Over a low heat, melt the olive oil, tahini, almond butter and maple syrup and stir until  smooth and combined.

Pour the warm liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, along with the blueberries, and fold until all the ingredients are combined.

Roll the cookie dough into 20 golf-sized balls and flatten down with the palm of your hand on the baking tray.

Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (don’t overcook them or they will become dry). The cookies will still be a little soft, but they will start to firm up as they cool down. After a couple minutes transfer to a wire rack to cool completely - or just eat the whole batch before then!


If you too are “riding the cotton pony” so to speak, make a big batch of these and put your feet up with a cup of tea. 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment