Thursday, August 4, 2016

July Favourites

As I’ve recently returned from a lovely summer getaway to Majorca, unsurprisingly my July Favourites have taken a bit of a sunny twist. Now I’d be lying if I didn’t say my ultimate favourite this month was the cocktail menu (Banana Margarita’s, Pina Colada’s, Hugo’s, the list goes on…), but here’s another few things that I’ve been loving:




I’m a massive fan of lobster, to eat that is, not look like. Blisters, red raw back and shoulders, skin peeling off my nose and forehead…I’ve been there before, and I assure you, it isn’t my best look. So I’m big on sun protection. I love the light formula of the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ to wear on an everyday basis on my face, underneath or instead of foundation. I teamed it with the Ladival Lotion SPF 30, which helps protect against both UVA and UVB rays as well as harmful IR-A rays, whilst on holiday. Admittedly, I only turned a nicer shade of pale, but I still looked better than my crustacean friend.

Not only do I worry about my skin’s exposure to the sun, I also worry about my hair’s. I treated my locks to an Aussie Moisturise Miracle Mask every evening instead of my usual conditioner for a little extra hydration. 

And whilst during the day I omitted the full face of make-up routine, of an evening I do like to get dressed up. I loved the Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer to give me the most amazing, flawless finish that even a barbie doll might be jealous of.


In-between lounging around in the sun in this gorgeous bikini from the Kendall & Kylie Swim Collection for Topshop bikini, and taking the odd cheeky mid-morning nap, I had plenty of time to read. I finally finished And The Mountains Echoed which was every bit as beautiful as Khaled Hosseini’s other novels, and got my teeth stuck into the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People.


And lastly, and possibly the only thing better than Banana Margaritas this month, are the new Nakd Bar flavours that I arrived home to. So far my favourite is the Carrot Cake flavour, but I can just tell the Peanut Delight won’t be too far behind…

What were your favourites this month?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment