Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July Top 5

And here are my July Top 5...




1. Peaky Blinders, Season 1 (available to watch on Netflix).
For those who haven't heard about this show, it's a period drama set in 1919, following the infamous Birmingham gang, the Peaky Blinders. Although I cover my eyes when the gory fight scenes come on, I became absolutely obsessed and finished season 1 in a week. Also give props to whoever created the soundtrack, because it's awesome. Eagerly awaiting season 2 to come to Netflix.

2. Sweaty Betty, Shorts & Sports Bra Co-ord. 
I picked this cool running co-ord up in the Sweaty Betty sale and haven't wanted to run in anything else since. Usually with shorts I find there's too much material and they come up a little big, but these are lightweight and there's no riding up-or-down or needing to readjust (and of course, you can't not get the matching bra). The sale is now over but their new season collection is now in stores. I’m currently obsessed with this print here.

3. Clinique, Liquid Facial Wash Mild (£16.50) and Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion (£16.50).
These were my absolute skin saviours. A combination of stress and then laziness on the skincare front (listen to your Mother when she tells you to take your make up off after a night out) made my skin erupt in July. These Clinque Mild products were recommended by a friend who has amazing skin, so I didn't need much convincing, and are great on sensitive skin. I use the facial wash in the morning, and then the mild clarifying lotion, which is an alcohol-free acid toner, after cleansing to gently exfoliate the face without irritating break-outs. 

4. L’oreal Paris Color Riche Lipliner (£3.99) and Lipstick (£8.19) in 302 ‘Bois De Rose’.
Usually I like to rock more of a statement lip, but I've been loving this duo for a beautiful everyday pinky nude.

5. Raw Vegan Carrot Cake.
And lastly this month, I've been reminiscing this raw vegan carrot cake. It was my first attempt at a raw cake but it went down a storm with my whole family, including my Dad who gladly swapped a Saturday afternoon slice of chocolate cake for this instead. It was more of a cheesecake consistency so we all agreed it would be a great dessert. Find the recipe here.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment