Monday, January 23, 2017

Banana, Honey & Granola Crunch Muffins


I’m pretty sure I only bake in a bid to try and bribe people into liking me. In fact, I frequently turn up to work with sweet goods to keep on my managers good side, and seeing as I haven’t been fired (yet), I’ll assume it works. Now nothing says “please don’t lock me in the stock room or force me to deal with the horrible customers that make me cry” quite like a big batch of these Banana, Honey & Granola Crunch muffins. And if I really want to get on her good side, I’ll give these to her with a cup of tea and my butter-wouldn’t-melt smile 

Ingredients

Makes 12 Muffins

2 Cups Ground Almonds
1/2 Cup Plain Gluten-Free Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
Pinch Of Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3 Eggs
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Tablespoon Dairy-Free Milk
Topping: Granola And Banana Slices.

Method

Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius. Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil and leave to one side.

In a large bowl, combine your ground almonds, flour, baking powder and sea salt. 

In a separate bowl, cream together your coconut oil and honey with an electric whisk until pale. Add in your vanilla extract and your eggs and continue to whisk until combined.

Slowly add in your dry ingredients to your honey and coconut oil mix and stir in well.

Mash your 3 ripe bananas and fold into your wet mixture with your dairy-free milk.

Using a 1/4 cup measurement, or a large ice cream scoop, fill each well with your mixture until about 3/4 full. Top with a banana slice and a sprinkling of granola. 

Bake in your oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown. They should spring back when touched.

Leave to cool.


Serve with a hot cup of tea to seriously impress your manager.


K

No comments:

Post a Comment