Monday, July 18, 2016

Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas & Other Healthy Travel Snack Ideas

The last time I got on a plane empty-handed, I went a little crazy on those tiny tubes of Pringles from the refreshment trolley. I’ll leave the rest to your imagination, but it’s safe to say I always like to keep some nutritious supplies on my persons. Here’s my picks for some sweet and savoury healthy travel snacks:


Powerful Antioxidant Blueberry & Dark Chocolate Snack Pot. 
Houmous Snack Pot & Veggie Sticks. 
The Perfect Crisp Alternatives: Kallo Sundried Tomato & Herbs Mini Corn & Rice Cakes and EatReal Chilli & Lemon Lentil Chips.
Nakd Banana Crunch Bar.
Munchy Seeds Choccy Ginger.

Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas

If you’re a sucker for the salted peanuts with your G&T when the trolley comes round, lose the overly processed nuts (not the drink) and try this recipe for these crunchy Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas.



  • 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • ground black pepper
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200 Degrees Celsius and line a baking tray.

Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas onto a clean tea towel (or kitchen paper) and pat dry. Transfer the chickpeas onto the baking tray and drizzle with your extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.

Roast the chickpeas for about 15 minutes, then toss chickpeas with a wooden spoon and continue to roast for another 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

Drizzle the chickpeas with your balsamic vinegar and toss. Allow to cool before eating.

Store in an airtight container for 1 - 2 days. 



Remember that a balanced diet is something that needs to be sustainable for yourself. It is about creating healthy habits and not placing restrictions on ourselves - sometimes choosing to eat vegetable sticks over crisps, but still allowing ourselves treats when we really want them. So these are just some of my favourite healthy choices for snacks when travelling, but at the end of the day, I'm going on holiday so I probably still will treat myself to a few Pringles (perhaps I may just not go quite so crazy) alongside my blueberries. 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment