Monday, July 4, 2016

Weekly Dinner Plan #3

I’m a nosy person by nature, and a lover of all things food, so it’s no surprise I’m always intrigued to know what other people eat. For anyone who eagerly questions colleagues every morning “so what did you have for dinner last night?” like it’s some hot gossip, this ones for you. Here’s what this weeks Dinner plan looks like:



Monday Butter bean stew served with brown basmati rice.
Tuesday Steamed salmon fillet flaked over spinach salad with new potatoes.
Wednesday Lentil bolognese served with brown rice penne pasta and steamed broccoli florets.
Thursday Mackerel With Roasted Asparagus.
Friday Chickpea curry with brown basmati rice.
Saturday Away. 
Sunday Away.

  • I freeze a lot of leftovers so I know I always have something quick and healthy to grab out of the freezer in a rush. Last week I made a lentil bolognese that I plan to reuse on Wednesday, and this week I’m making a butter bean stew to serve with brown basmati rice that should come in handy the following week.
  • I spoke last week about how I’ve been trying to reincorporate more variety of foods back into my diet, and currently I’ve loved everything I’ve been trying. As a child I hated fish with a burning passion, and now they seem to be my favourite meals of the week. This week I’m going to be roasting a mackerel fillet to serve with roasted asparagus and whatever vegetables need using up in our fridge. When choosing fish, I opt to buying the slightly more expensive line-caught options to ensure the sustainability of the species and the nutrition content - M&S is usually my go to for salmon and cod. 
  • Now it always seems that I’m never in for dinner on a Saturday and Sunday, so thats why I always try to be good during the week and enjoy eating out on the weekend. We’re actually going away for the weekend, so I planned to have a chickpea curry ready to take with me for Friday evening when we arrive - it’s a good ‘through everything you have in the cupboard together’ meal - but who knows what I’ll eat the other days. 

What does your weekly dinner plan look like?


K

No comments:

Post a Comment