Friday, July 15, 2016

What's In My Holiday Skincare Bag

I dread checking-in my suitcase at the airport. I fear that my case will send those scales flying way over and I'll have to pay for the extra kg allowance, and trust me, I've already got greater plans to spend that money in duty-free. Now seeing as half my suitcase is compromised between important skincare, make-up and snacks, I know that it'll be my underwear thats first to go...But hey, if in the name of good skin I'll have to spend the holiday in my birthday suit, I'm prepared to make that sacrifice.


Here's the products I'm taking - in order of application:

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst-Quenching Serum
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
Nivea Rich Moisturising Day Cream (for dry/sensitive skin) with SPF 15
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+
Cloud 9 Clarity Clearing Spot Gel


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
LUSH Oatifix Face Mask
Caudalie Overnight Detox Oil 



There's nothing worse than sacrificing your underwear for a whole load of products you're not actually going to use, so I only fill my skincare bag with things that I use on a day-to-day basis. 

Being red-headed and pale with freckles, I'm very wary about my exposure to the sun. I  always apply an SPF 50 like the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid SPF 50+ all over my face and neck, come rain or shine, and you'll find me on the sun lounger with a large floppy hat and sunglasses (chic). Between the drying air-conditioning on the flights and the long days in the sun, I find that my skin gets very dehydrated and looses it's glow. I make sure to drink plenty of water and use a moisturising face mask like the LUSH Oatifix every other day to keep it in good condition. And I can always guarantee I'll be blessed with a big break-out just as I'm to spend a week almost make-up free, so I'm taking the Cloud 9 Clarity Clearing Spot Gel to use on spots for it's fast and effective relief (it also dries super quick and clear leaving me feeling more confident).

What would you sacrifice your underwear for when you go on holiday?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment